a restful night's sleep
Harnessing the power of plants
Bringing a sense of balance The restorative qualities of plants like lavender, bergamot, mandarin, sweet orange, and geranium sooth and relax the body and mind. The benefits of these ingredients on our emotions are unlocked through Aromachology - the study of scents' influence on mood and behaviour.
10 TIPS FOR A GOOD SLEEP
1. Go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day.
2. Do regular, balanced exercise during the day like yoga or swimming
3. Meditate for 10 minutes before bed to settle your mind.
4. At the end of the day, take a hot shower or bath to relax your muscles and let go of stress.
5. Eat light, non-spicy food for dinner.
6. Keep a diary to leave the cares of the day on the page.
7. Give yourself a gentle hand, foot or neck massage to release built up tension.
8. Read well-loved passages from your favourite novels or poetry before sleep to put your mind at ease.
9. Spritz your pillow with a mist of essential oils to induce relaxation.
10. Create a before-bed routine such as a breathing exercises or listening to soothing music. Your body will come to recognise this as the signal for sleep
Make your bedroom a restful environment
Your bedroom is the last environment you see before shutting your eyes for sleep. The decoration, artwork and furniture in your room should bring a sense of wholeness and peace that help carry you into slumber. Keep your bedroom a space dedicated to sleep, and remove unneeded furniture and clutter.
Choose bedding and decor in soft shades of yellow, peach, green or blue and mix with neutral colours to induce a feeling of peace and warmth. Ensure your bedding is comfortable and inviting and makes you want to slip under the covers.
For a peaceful night’s sleep, eliminate light and noise (no electronics or TVs) and keep the temperature cool, between 18 and 22 degrees Celsius. Keep a sachet of dried lavender on your night table to help you feel settled and grounded as you close your eyes.
RELAXING AROMACHOLOGIE BEDTIME RITUAL
The secrets to a perfect nightly routine, from the South of France Use calming essential oils from Provence to bring closure to your day and signal to your mind and body that it’s time for bed. Over 96% of women found these three Aromachologie products to have a soothing effect that was conducive to sleep when used together: Relaxing Pillow Mist: Spritz this mist made of essential oils from lavender, bergamot, mandarin and sweet orange on your pillow to calm your senses. Relaxing Message Oil: Take care of your body thanks to sweet almond oil from Provence. Relaxing Perfumed Sachets: Place perfumed sachets of dried lavender, bergamot, mandarin, sweet orange and geranium on your night table to carry your thoughts towards sleep.
Sleep is a natural beauty enhancer. A good night’s sleep reduces the stress hormone cortisol (which is responsible for thinning skin) while increasing melatonin (which acts like an antioxidant against fine lines and spots). During slumber, collagen-producing cells regenerate to increase skin’s elasticity and tightness. To further enhance the beauty benefits of sleep, apply rich moisturisers and creams at night to wake up with soft well-hydrated skin and hair.
Immortelle Overnight Reset Oil-in-Serum: Apply to the face before bed to revitalize the complexion and leave skin feeling smooth the next morning.
Aromachologie Repairing Oil: Leave a few drops of this sweet oil overnight on dry and damaged hair tips to transform your hair, making it stronger and shiny.